Monday 11 December 2017

Winter Wellness Tool Kit



Now that the days are really getting colder, darker and down right more dismal it's so important to take care of yourself not just physically but emotionally too!

The Christmas period and end of year chaos can have a mixed affect on our wellbeing and mindset, and although a new year can bring about hope and positive change - which we should totally embrace - January/February time can be quite hard on our resilience and our ability to keep focused, not mention our immune system too, and then there's the question of our bank balance! No wonder winter can be a tough time for many!

To keep myself focused and feeling merry and bright throughout these chilly grey months I have put together a little winter wellness toolkit and I'm sharing it with you today.

So if you want to add to an existing self care plan or you fancy starting a winter plan of your own this month keep reading to get inspired.



A warm and cosy jumper or scarf - Something that feels good on your skin and is comforting to wear is like an instant hug! If you have to go outside having a warm jumper makes it easier and a cosy scarf can be layered on top or used as a blanket in front of the fire (if you have one!)

Energising soundtrack - I know I'm not the only one who struggles to get out of bed on these chilly, dark mornings right? Well, it's much easier to find the motivation when you a fun and booty shaking soundtrack! We've been playing the radio lately first thing or blasting out dance tunes on the girls iPod to get everyone out of bed and getting ready for the day with a smile on their face, plus you can play your mood boosting sound track any time of the day when you need it!



A scented candle or essential oils - We all love a nice smelling candle or oils to scent our living space but the right smells can be excellent for boosting your wellbeing and feelings of vitality. I use doTTERA oils and Frankincense, Wild Orange and Peppermint are all my winter essentials and each one helps towards boosting my mood, immunity and positive vibrations.

Affirmation Cards - Have you used them before? If they're a new concept to you affirmation cards are deck of cards that have positive mantras or notes on them that are designed to inspire, motivate and even comfort. My Blogging buddy Jemma Andrew-Adiamah from Celery and Cupcakes gifted me Kris Carr's Love Notes for my 40th Birthday this year and I have enjoyed using them so much. Other decks that have been recommend to me are Gabby Bernstein's card decks and the YES MUM cards. Also Relax Kids have also bought out two affirmation card decks for children which I have bought for my girls for Christmas!



Uplifting Book - Actually a few go to books that inspire you to feel good or are just a good comforting read are an important part of any wellbeing toolkit, especially in winter. Again if the day seems like a bit of a struggle a book is a great mood booster, I LOVE self help/care books and have them dotted all round the house, ones of crystal healing, aromatherapy, and astrology are my comfort go to's and Katie Piper's Things Get Better and Chloe Brotheridge's book The Anxiety Solution have been my top reads this year for when I'm feeling a bit low.

Comfort Food - Ok, I am by no means suggesting that you endlessly indulge in cookies and cakes but a little of what you fancy sometimes is good for you and winter is a time when warm mince pies or chocolate brownies can be a welcome moment of treating yourself, because we all deserve to do that! And if, like me, you find yourself treating yourself more often than not then you can always put a healthy twist on your favourite baked goods like this recipe from Honestly Healthy.

Getting Social - For me time spent with the people I love is not only important to maintain those relationships but vital to my wellbeing. Organising fun family days out and cosy evenings with my friends gives me something to look forward to and obviously endless cherished memories to look back at. You can also look at booking tickets for an event or conference you fancy attending or plan to host an event yourself - the important thing is that you always surround yourself with people who are listing you.

So there you have it, my wellbeing toolkit that's geared towards winter! I know this will see me through the next few months, especially when those winter blues set in - how about you? Have you been inspired to curate something for yourself? Do leave me a comment below or via social media (you can click through to my profiles by using the buttons at the top right of this page), I'd love to know what's in your winter wellbeing toolkit!

If you're looking for more inspiration, or you want to dive deeper into crafting your wellbeing this season Winter Wellbeing Workbook is now on sale!

*The opinions and recommendations featured in this post are my own and are not sponsored in anyway.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Her Wisdom | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig